We need to know as quickly as possible how many students will be in each class in order for teachers to plan their instruction and buy supplies. Because of this need for commitment, adults must pay for classes when they sign up. Any class with less than 10 signed up may be canceled. It is best to sign up as early as possible as most classes have a maximum number, and classes are filled on a "first-come, first-served" basis. All class fees must be paid when signing up.
- TO REGISTER:
Complete a registration form for each class you want. (You may make additional copies of the sign-up form.) Enclose proper fee for each class. Make a separate check or money order for each class, payable to Jackson County Board of Education. Deliver or mail sign-up form and fee to: Adult Education - Jackson County Schools, P.O. Box 770, Ripley, WV 25271
Registrations will be accepted in the order in which they are received. Only Adult Basic Education (GED) classes can be registered by phone. Unless otherwise notified, assume you are signed up. Report to the first scheduled class. Receipts will be given at the first class. Please check class schedule carefully and make note of the date and time of each class you plan to attend.
- FEES: Some classes require an additional supply fee which covers materials and textbooks used in class. Supply fees will be paid to the teacher at the first class, but the class fee must be sent with the registration form.
- REFUND POLICY: If a class is full or if one is canceled because of low enrollment, you will be notified and a full refund will be made. If you decide not to attend a class for which you have signed up, please call to cancel; this will allow another student to take your place. Refunds will be made until the day of the second class.
- ELIGIBILITY: Adult Education classes are designed for adults eighteeen years of age and older that are no longer in high school. Educational opportunities will be offered without regard to sex, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or disability. The County Vocational and Adult Education Office, however, does reserve the right to determine a person's eligibility due to lack of previous experience.
- ADULT EDUCATION CLASSES WILL BE CANCELED:
when public schools have been closed due to bad weather or other emergencies.
when bad weather occurs during the early evening (for information, listen to local radio stations).
on school holidays.
- GENERAL INFORMATION: Enrollment in most classes is limited. Enroll early. You will need pencil and paper for most classes. Tobacco products may not be used on school grounds. Please do not bring children to class. For additional information, call 372-7306.
Classes Sponsored By Jackson County Board of Education Office of Technical and Adult Education Jim Mahan, Director, Carla Mullins, Coordinator, Blaine Hess, Superintendent
Carroll Staats , President, , Tom Layne,III., Vice President, Jack Wiseman ,
Steve Chancey, Steve Wedge