FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND 18 HOURS OF CONTINUING EDUCATION/STAFF DEVELOPMENT EACH YEAR.
PART-TIME EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND NINE (9) HOURS.
- Please keep in mind that the training an employee attends on ISE and ED Days is counted as staff development/continuing education on their JC-27 form.
Note: In-lieu-of hours are part of the required 18 hours. By the end of the school year, the majority of employees log anywhere from 18 hours to over 200 hours of job-related training.
· There are no "partial" in-lieu-of hours. You either have six hours or twelve hours. Example: If you have nine hours, you are only given credit for six.
· In-lieu-of hours are training sessions attended after school hours and/or weekends (If the employee is paid to attend, the hours cannot be used for in-lieu-of).
· All of the in-lieu-of hours must be relevant to the employee's current job assignment. Supervisors approve in-lieu-of training.
· For sessions, workshops, seminars, classes, etc. that are zero to five hours in length, participants receive in-lieu-of credit for each hour attended.
· For sessions, conferences, workshops, seminars, classes, etc. six hours or more in length, participants receive six hours of in-lieu-of credit (A three credit hour college class would equal six hours of in-lieu-of credit).
· Employees log in-lieu-of hours on their Individual Staff Development Log (JC-27) and highlight with a marker so that the immediate supervisor can easily see how many in-lieu-of hours an employee has.
• Employees must verify attendance at in-lieu-of sessions. Please refer to JC-27A. You must have a signature, agenda, or copy of the program.
· Attending meetings is not considered training. You may attend a service or professional organization meeting where training is provided. You can count the training portion of the meeting for in-lieu-of hours. For example: Service personnel attend a weekend conference at Cedar Lakes and one of the sessions is a Legislative Update. You can count the Legislative Update portion as in-lieu-of hours.
CONTINUING EDUCATION (CE) STAFF DEVELOPMENT (SD)
(Please keep in mind that these terms are used interchangeably.)
- A full-time employee must have 18 hours of job-related training EACH year.
- A part-time employee must have nine (9) hours of job-related training EACH year.
- Any job-related training that you attend should be "logged" on your Individual Staff Development Log (JC-27). Be sure to include training you attend on Continuing Education Days, Faculty Senate Days and ED Days, as well as conferences and workshops you attend. A Three Hour College Class counts as six hours of CE credit.
Note: You either have six hours of "in lieu of" hours or you do not. There are NO procedures for partial credit of "in lieu of" hours.
**For more specific information contact the office of
Rhonda Jelich at 372-7308